Followers

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Skeleton Key to My Heart

I have something a bit different to show today using one of the Lady Killers from Simply B Stamps; Skeleton Key Samantha.  I knew I wanted to do something special with her and when I saw the beautiful wall hanging by Shona from Shona’s Wonderful Mess I knew I wanted to create something similar.  Go check out her awesome work on her blog.  And here is my take on her wall hanging.

And a close up of the lovely Samantha.



I couldn’t find a chipboard frame large enough for my image, which I had already coloured, so instead I decided to go with a shadow box.  I decided I wanted to brick the background, Donna from Popsicle Toes, one of the amazing DT at Simply Steampunk Challenges, used the Tim Holtz Texture Fades Bricked embossing folder on her version of Skeleton Key Samantha and it looked great.  Only problem was I don’t own that folder.  No problem, my local craft shop, The Crafter’s Haven, run a royalty club program that lets you borrow tools and books and they had one.  I had to run it through my Grand Calibur four times as it is smaller than my 6x6 background piece but it is such a lovely rough brickwork pattern you can’t tell, even up close.

While I was borrowing the folder and picking out flowers for this I also found the awesome bunch of keys charm that was just perfect to hang off Samantha’s hand and saved me trying to cut around the little key and thin line of the string in the drawing, I was dreading that, especially as my new Cameo is still sitting under my desk at work!  So loads of flowers and some Twiddleybitz flourishes and some more charms and my wall hanging was finished, I am really pleased with how it turned out.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (cheeks E11)
Lips R46, R59, R89
Eyes B000, B00, B02, 0
Hair Y11, Y23, Y26, Y28
Skirt BV20, BV23, BV25, V91,
Top B23, B26, B29, B39, B45
Bars and hinges Y23, Y26, Y28
Door E29, E31, E33, E57
Stonework N0, N1, T3, T5
Chipboard Elements
Embellishments
Green Tara Azalea – coloured with RV93 & RV95 Copics
Petaloo Color Me Crazy Canterbery Spray – White coloured with E50 Copic
Petaloo Color Me Crazy Orchid – Wild coloured with E50 Copic & Spica Clear
Embossing Folders
Tim Holtz Texture Fades Bricked
Inks & Paints etc
Distress Ink Tea Dye
Distress Stain Walnut Stain
Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold
Papers
Creative Memories Vintage Chic
Core’dinations Cardstock Grey
Ribbons & Trims
Stamps 


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous wall hanging Emily. The details you've put into it are amazing. The keys look really fab, how good that they are in perfect proportion it's like they were meant for this project.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spiffy wall hanging.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: