Followers

Monday 10 June 2013

A Scrappy Little Scamp

Today I’m sharing another one of the new Steampunk The Robert’s Family Portraits from Simply B Stamps, this little cutey is Betty’s son JudeHe was drawn by the super talented Abigail Larson and I think he is simply adorable.  I decided I would put him on an album ready for Halloween pics (not long to wait for the best holiday of the year!).

The album covers came with three rings so I used those, I made the binding with some thick cardboard off some packaging, some paper from the Chillingsworth Manor collection from Echo Park that had a matching pattern and shades of orange and green to match the cover and my Copic colours.  I reinforced the binding with Tyvek, which I painted black with Tim Holtz Distress Stain, I also used this to dye the leather strap of the closure.

I wanted to make the binding a bit more fancy and hide the rings so I tied some ribbons and made some charms to hang off the rings.


As this is not a card I’m entering it in some anything goes challenges at Hobby House Challenge Blog, Challenges 4 Everybody, and Paper Take Weekly as well as at Left of Centre with a LOC theme of Steampunk.
Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53, (cheeks E11)
Lips E53, E11
Eyes E23, E25, E27, 0
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Shirt G21, G24, G28, YG63
Vest G94, G99, Y23, Y26, Y28, YG0000, YG01, YG03, YG63
Ghost C00, C1, C3, C5, 0, Spica Clear & Silver
Album
Teresa Collins Haunted Hallows covers
Teresa Collins Perfect Closures Halloween
Binding – Tyvek & Chillingsworth Manor paper
Chalks & Inks etc
Diamond Glaze
Pebbles chalk
Tim Holtz Distress Stains Black Soot
Embellishments
Handmade charms featuring:
Glass pumpkin bead
Jack’o’Lantern metal charm
Jack Skellington bead
Lampwork glass mushroom bead (for a bit of shroominess)
Skull & cross bones metal charm (from swap)
Small & large black faceted glass bead
Tim Holtz jump rings
Ribbon
Jack Skellington satin ribbon (from swap)
Orange & black spider & web patterned ribbon (from swap)
Challenges

Left of Centre – LOC theme (Steampunk)

Update wow, awesome people at LOC gave me first place for this little project!  Prize was my choice of digis from A & T Digital Designs, look out for a bunch of roses on an upcoming project.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. What a Great Idea to make an album! Love the way you have coloured Jude and all those gorgeous Dangleys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for joining us for the Hobby House first challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous album, Emily! Gorgeous coloring and I love all the Halloween details. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that image and fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: