Followers

Saturday 27 April 2013

Swirly Curly Kitty


For the Simply Betty Fan Page challenge this month Betty gave us fans this awesome digi of her sister, Elaine, to play with.


When I took a photo of my card the kitty cat looked almost white and the rest is all a bit off colour so here’s a close-up of the detail of the front.
I decided to use her on a twisted easel card and took inspiration from a simply gorgeous card by Jenny at Jennifer D’s, go and check it out and the rest of her wonderful creations.

The challenge required ribbons and swirls so I loaded up on both with paper that has swirls on it, swirly die cuts and crystal flourishes and loads of beautiful ribbon I got at my LSS, The Crafter’s Haven.  I’m also trying my hand at multiple challenges, to make life more interesting, so I went with the colour purple for my card to match the theme at Crafty Catz for their challenge 180 – the colour purple, used several die cuts (not just the swirly) for the Stampin’ for the Weekend die cuts and/or punches challenge, added a couple of gorgeous blingy buttons for the Digi Haven use a button challenge and finally made this into a special birthday card (but shhh, I can’t say for who) for the Fairytale challenge #66 – a very special occasion.


Ingredients:
Copics

Skin E000, E000, E00, E02, E50 (E93 cheeks)

Eyes E23, E25

Eyeshadow B00, B02, Spica Clear

Lips R22, R24, R46

Hair E84, E87, E89

Dress V09, V12, V15, V17, V93, V95, RV99, Spica Lavender

Cat C00, C1, C3, (E93 ear, E95 nose)

Dies

Memory Box Big Splash border

Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles Large

Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large

Embellishments

Flourish with a Bling pearl

Green Tara gathered ribbon

Kaisercraft paper roses

Prima Say it in Crystals flourish

Ribbons and rhinestones from stash

Paper

CTMH La Belle Vie patterned paper and mauve plain paper

Stamps


Challenges 




Thanks for stopping by :-)

9 comments:

  1. Emily this is amazing I love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Emily! My jaw is sitting in my lap! Your card is absolutely stunning! What a fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das ist ja mal ne außergewöhnliche Karte. Toll. Gefällt mir sehr.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. Liebe Grüße Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. That image looks great in purple. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Gorgeous Twisted Easle Card!Colours and Awesome and love all the Dimensions to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz! Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous creation. Love all the details and your wonderful layout. Your coloring is amazing also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the embelly ex! She is colored beautifully! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cool. Thanks for playing at Digi Haven.
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: