Followers

Saturday 6 April 2013

In the Arms of an Angel



I made these two cards following the same design and using the same beautiful image from Simply B Stamps, the Angel Betty drew in honour of the Newtown school shooting tragedy late last year.  The sentiment also came with the image and, as I needed sympathy cards it was ideal so I merged the two in Photoshop and printed them together.











I kept the colours muted and the embellishments low-key also, in keeping with the purpose of these cards.  I used the same paper roses on the inside but I only had two of the black buttons so instead I used a single flower cut from a lace chain.  I added another sentiment of sympathy on the inside to finish off the cards.


I’m entering these into the Perfect Sentiments current challenge.


Ingredients
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E02, E11 (cheeks E93)
Lips R22, R24, R59
Hair E50, Y21, Y15, Y38
Dress B00, B02, B32, Spica Baby Blue / RV000, RV21, RV23, Spica Blossom
Wings C-1, C-3, B00 / RV10, Spica Clear
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Paper Flowers
Button from my stash
Papers
BoBunny A Gift of Love and Enchanted
Graphic45 A Ladies’ Diary
Kaisercraft Twig & Berry Collection
Making Memories Wedding
7gypsies Camden and Epicurean
Stamps
Simply B Stamps – Angel
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Just so beautiful & perfect for such a sad occasion!

    Thank you for sharing with us at The Perfect Sentiment this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful sympathy card. A lovely angel image and the sentiments are perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at the Perfect Sentiment this week and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: