Followers

Tuesday 12 February 2013

A Big Heart for a Little Boy

This little card is off to the US to help cheer a sick little boy.  The image is from Simply Betty, his name is Kam, and all of the money spent on him is going to help the family of the little boy – head on over to the Simply Betty blog to see how you can help.


Copic colours:
Skin E000, E00, E02, E11, (cheeks E95)
Eyes BG05, BG07, BG09
Hair Y13, Y15, Y17, Y38
Shirt B00, B02, B05, C-1, C-3, 100

The card itself is a round step card, I followed a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers  to make it.  I cut the heart shapes using the CM Custom Cutting System templates and used chalk on the background to Kam’s image.  I dry embossed the red hearts with a Darice folder I received in a recent swap and inked and clear embossed them.

The fabric tag is from Webster’s Pages and says ‘Live Free’, I made the doctor’s chart from a Tim Holtz fragment while the thermometer is from Stanislaus.  I know it’s not a thermometer like you use on a person but it was as close as I had.  As this is a get well card for a sick little boy I thought these elements all go together well and express my sentiment that I hope he gets to live free of doctors and hospitals.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my card, please leave a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: