Followers

Thursday 1 November 2012

Child's play



I wanted to add some tags to the witchy treat bags I made and where better to get inspiration than the Simply Challenged Challenges 13 Days of Halloween challenge?  Especially as I had 13 tags to make, it was eerily co-incidental, don’t you think?!

So here’s day one, with the challenge being: “Make anything suitable for a Child, a treat bag, a page layout, card, anything as long as it is Halloween and for a child!”

I used cute little Lola Addams.






I know she’s based on Wednesday and therefore is supposed to be dark and macabre but this is for a child, a little girl to be precise, so I girlied her up a bit.

Colours I used were:
Hair E31, E33, E35, E37
Skin E50, E51, E53, E55
Eyes BV00, BV02, BV04
Mouth RV02, RV04
Dress RV02, RV04, RV06
Shoes 100, W-3, W-5, W-7, CB
Doll’s hair E43, E47, E49
Doll’s skin E51, E53, E55
Doll’s top and shoes BV00, BV02, BV04
Doll’s skirt B93, B95, B97
Doll’s sash and stockings B00, B02, B05

I cut the tag from my Happy Hauntings cart and used Glossy Accents to give the border some shine.  The purple and green paper ribbons are from Creative Memories’ Halloween collection and the Little Spooks fabric tag and ghost sticker from my stash of Halloween embellies I bought from a Blitsy sale.  I used 3D Zots to adhere Lola so she sat above the tag, which was mounted on foam squares.  A bit of ribbon from my stash finished off the front of the tag.

And because this is a tag, I wanted to make the back interesting too.  So I cut another tag layer in some patterned Halloween paper and a slightly smaller one in plain white card.  I inked around the white one and stamped my sentiment (using my only Halloween sentiment stamp) in Ranger Rose Madder.  A sticker from my Secret Pumpkin Swap stash and a shrinky of my logo (suitably dressed for Halloween) and I was done.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: