Followers

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Bloomin' Maevelous


So I just had to use Bloom Mae (the ‘after’ one naturally) in a project and here she is.




I never played with shrink film as a kid but I'm making up for it now.  I printed off my coloured image on a bit of shrink film and then used a Nestability to fame her.  They had a great tut over at the SOG blog for backgrounds to stamps by Anna Maria of the DT.  You keep the Nesty in place and add some colour with a sponge and then stamp around the edges.  I used the flowers from the Nouveau Girls Renew set in copper, platinum and coral Brilliance inks and the blue edge was Smooch Pool.  I love the way my little homemade charm turned out.


For the card itself I used two different Core’dinations cardstocks and some My Mind’s Eye patterned paper.  A bit of tulle from Webster’s Pages and ribbon from Jillibean helped finish my background.  I used a Shapeability for the banner, which I stamped with one of the sentiments from the Romantic Gwen set.  To tie in with bloom of Bloom Mae I added some resin flowers from my stash.  The stick pins are ones I made for the card with some glass pearls and metal flowers.

I’m really happy with how this card came out and I’m going to enter this over at the SOG October challenge sketch.

Thanks for stopping by

5 comments:

  1. Wow Elizabeth what a great card and s many beautiful embellishments. Love the shrinkie, I have never played with them either and certainly never though to put an image on like you did. Your pins are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee Emily, all sorts of fabulous techniques going on here. Fabulous job and such a sweet card!! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl this month!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! So glad you found one of our tutorials helpful!!

    Thank you for joining us over at Some Odd Girl for our 'October Sketch Challenge'. Good luck.
    xo, Lou Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Emily! I love how you have used Shrinky Dinks (aren't they the coolest fun to play with?!) and a Nestie! The tulle is fab too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Some Odd Girl this month!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful and cute!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Some Odd Girl this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: