Followers

Sunday 21 October 2012

A SOG full of thanks


So I saw some tuts for colouring fabric on the SOG blog and figured I should give it a go with my sticky-back canvas ATCs.  I learned pretty fast that fabric doesn’t work like paper, blending is way harder on the canvas and feathering is a fact of life!

But I still needed some more thank you cards and I love my SOG images so here they are.  This first one is Nouveau Girl Renew.


Colours I used were:
Hair E71, E74, E77
Skin E50, E51, E53, E93 (cheeks), R27 (lips)
Eyes B00 B02
Dress B00, B02, B05

I finished the card off by inking around with some Ranger ink and cut a Nestie banner, which I inked around with some Distress Ink (gotta work on that inking technique!).  I wanted the banner to sit out a bit so I used Zots to adhere it.  The sentiment I transferred from a print-out and went over with a Distress Marker.

This little cutey is Smell the Flowers Tia.




Colours I used were:
Hair YR23, E53, E55
Skin E00, E02, E11, E13
Dress BG01, BG05, BG09
Flower YR04, YR08, YR23
Stem G14, G17
Grass G02, G05, G07

Again I inked around her to finish off the background and used a Nestie label, which I inked in a bright yellow before stamping on the sentiment.  I laid this label down flat on the card as I thought the bright colour made it pop off the page enough without needing to have it physically off the card.

The final one also uses a Tia image, this one is In Stitches Tia.
 



Colours used:
Hair E21, E31, E33, E35, E37
Skin E50, E51, E53, R27 (lips)
Top B00, B02, B05
Pants BG01, BG02, BG05
Heart R22, R24, R27, R59

I used a red chalk ink to ink round Tia for the background and another Nestie for the label.  I used a pearlescent Brilliance ink in Sky Blue to ink round the label and to stamp the sentiment and Zots again to give it some height.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: